Human Resource Capacity:
There are two Directors of whom one is the Managing Director. These are seconded by the Chief Engineer who leads a cohort of 25 Technicians. There is also an overall Technical Director for backstopping in both project planning, implementation and evaluation.
In all, these are specialists in renewable energy resource development and had acquired such knowledge, skills and experience from their previous engagements in different State and Non-State sectors in the country and elsewhere. There is also an open policy for outsourcing additional experts for vacant or specialized assignments whenever need arises.
The following are some of the areas where REDCOT had
· Designing and installation of solar panels for electric power at Mapinga Police station and Afrioil at Chalinze for security lights.
· Designing and installation of power back up systems at TCAA offices and Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA)
· Designing and Installation of 15KW Wind Power System (turbine) for generating electricity at Kibamba.
· Installation of Power back up system at Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA)
· Supply and Installation of power back up system at TFDA offices
· Supply and installation of power back up systems at the Tanzania Attorney general’s office
· Solar systems for water pumps at Mkuranga (TANDAN FARM) and at Sinza (Mr Kawiche)
· Solar wind hybrid system at Mkungugu Irrigation scheme, Iringa District Council.